Monday 13 February 2012

All the little things




I want to drive an Audi, I want to own a house just like the Kiuna’s, I want to own the most beautiful couch and the most colorful rug(am crazy for warm colors), I need that huge amount of cash to be able to do what I want. All these are things I desire and there is not a single day that passes without me whispering a prayer to the man upstairs whenever a car passes me or a I see a beautiful home. Everybody dreams of such things, I know am not the only one, what with all the really expensive and posh lives the media feeds us, they must be in conspiracy with the retailers. But the media is the last thing on my mind right now…because while am dreaming of all the grand things of life, I miss to the very little things. When I fail to notice all the little things, then I miss out on the goodness of our lord. When I miss out on Gods goodness, I end up not being thankful and always complaining and whining. “Oh, God has totally forgotten me, am sure he doesn’t even recognize my voice anymore (yeah I say all kinds of crazy things when am speaking to myself)”. Now I don know about you but I hate whiners, so I can only imagine what god might be thinking when I do it. But my point is this, if we are not grateful for the small things that god has done for us, we can’t expect him to bless us with the bigger things. If we take for granted that friend, or the daily bread that he puts on our table, that 20 bob that pays your transport or a single roomed roof over your head, how the hell do we expect him to bless us with the big cars, house or couch to fit ten people. I realized this after praying for something for so long without realizing God had already granted it to me…FREE. So instead of cars, houses or sofas, am praying for wisdom. Wisdom to realize and be thankful that I at least have a job,  can commute, have food, a place to lay my head and most of all friends, family and a beautiful son.

1 comment: